Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
Archives policies in general are statements issued by Bulbagarden Archives that have varying scope and power. They fall into four categories:
- Policies - these are strongly binding recommendations and can be considered law.
- Guidelines - these are non-binding recommendations for administrators and users.
- Processes - these outline formal processes on Bulbagarden Archives such as dispute resolution.
- Statements - these are official statements on things such as fair use.
- Main article: Archives:Blocking policy
A summary of the offenses which can lead to blocking include but are not limited to:
- Malicious page editing
- Link hijacking
- Edit or Revert Wars
- Violations of other Archives policies
- Main article: Archives:Username policy
The username policy outlines what is and what is not permissible in a username on Bulbagarden Archives, and the Archives regulations on bots.
Image use policy
- Images should have a descriptive but concise file name.
- Image summary pages should contain source information.
- Images must be tagged appropriately.
- Images should be used on a Bulbagarden project.
- Images should be relevant.
- Images for illustrating non-content pages are permitted, subject to some limitations:
- Images for personal user pages are not allowed.
Bulbagarden Archives is not an image hosting service:
- Images should not be direct-linked from other sites.
Manual of style
- Main article: Archives:Manual of style
The Archives manual of style dictates the size, filetype, and other preferred conventions used in selecting, processing, and uploading images.