Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
|Welcome to the Bulbagarden Archives, BigDocFan!|
By creating your account you are now able to upload images to help Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. Before you jump in, take a look at these helpful tips:
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
Hi there, welcome to the Bulbagarden Archives. As a general note, please read through the uploading checklist before you upload. In particular, please remember to only use alphanumeric characters (so no parentheses or other special characters) in file names. Thanks! --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 14:16, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, first day on the job here so slowly getting used to it, trial and error really--BigDocFan (talk) 14:23, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
Please note that stealing images from other fan sites is not permitted, and the offending image has been deleted. In the future, do not upload images taken from other fan sites without permission or you may be blocked from uploading files to the Archives. --Abcboy (talk) 08:13, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- Understood, from now on will wait until youtube uploads an episode with WTP--BigDocFan (talk) 08:22, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
Alright, first of all, I have no idea where the source of your images come from, but I'd advise picking a different one. The images that you have been uploading are, quite honestly, less than satisfactory. The one I just deleted was incredibly blurry, for example. Secondly, please make sure to tag and categorize all images. If you're confused about the requirements for uploading files, please check this guide. Ataro (talk) 23:10, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
- I specifically asked you tag and categorize the images you upload. Please actually read the things people post on your talk pages. Ataro (talk) 00:20, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
Given complaints about the quality of my images, I have decided to leave the screenshots to others and stick to what I do best, good luck with finding WTP screenshots--BigDocFan (talk) 19:16, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
Image size limit
Please note that the maximum image size permitted on the Archives is 1280x1280 pixels. Make sure to resize all uploads to be less than 1280 pixels in before uploading them. Thanks! --Abcboy (talk) 17:55, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
I've noticed that when uploading new images, you've neglected to add in the appropriate categories. I'd like you to pay closer attention to them in the future. Same also applies to uploading new versions of already existing images: sometimes you may have to remove a category or add a new one when you do so. Thank you. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 05:00, 17 September 2017 (UTC)
- Please tag and categorize your images. Ataro (talk) 11:44, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Please, don't forget to add categories when uploading new pictures, or edit the current categories if necessary when uploading new versions of images. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 06:39, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
Please note that just because your updated version of a picture is bigger than the original, doesn't necessarily mean that its quality is better. For example, the Pokéathlon pictures you've just uploaded are rather blurry and have black edges. There are sources for better quality images, trust me. If you can't do better than this, please leave it to people who can get better quality images than you can. Thank you. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 18:03, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Sadly that number of videos open to me are limited--BigDocFan (talk) 18:40, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- I actually would know a site where you could get high quality screenshots, but I'm not sure if Bulbapedia would allow me to give links to sites like that, so I'm unfortunately not going to name it here and now. Anyway, please avoid uploading blurry pictures, even if it's to fix size or something. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 17:53, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
Please make sure to use only alphanumeric characters in filenames as stated on the upload checklist. Your recent uploads of "File:Lisa (anime).png" and "Fiboth le:Nidoran♀ Nidoran♂ M20.png" both contained other characters. --Abcboy (talk) 19:35, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- I do apologize, there are some areas I'm still not familiar with and with Lisa, the name was already taken so tried an alternative.--BigDocFan (talk) 19:51, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
Please stop constantly uploading new versions of existing images simply because they're from more recently-aired episodes. Whether it's a recent shot or not is irrelevant. All we need is a shot of the Pokemon that looks good. That's it. The only real need for a recent shot is if it's a Pokemon that has had a large gap between appearances. Ataro (talk) 23:23, 24 June 2018 (UTC)