Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
|This talk page is for Bulbagarden Archives discussions ONLY. For Bulbapedia and Bulbanews; please use the appropriate talk page, or you may e-mail your comments/questions to me. Contact details may be found on my user page.|
Sorry about that
For some reason the image wasn't appearing any differently to me but just now updated, sorry. AshKetchumNo.1 00:49, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
HGSS back sprites
Technically, we can animate them, since if your leading Pokémon is out of its Poké Ball (which is almost all the time; it rarely returns to its Poké Ball), it simply appears from the edge of screen and the animation is normally played (while Poké Balls "color" the sprite). Visible here.Eridanus (talk) 08:11, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- Animating HGSS back sprites isn't really a high priority at this time. But if someone has to time to kill on it, they're free to do so. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 02:30, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
Sugimori art concerns
I left this on Archaic's page before I realized that this belongs on yours more, but i'm still not sure if you are the right person to go to, since this applies to bulbapedia in addition to the archives, but staff page says the council you are in "define Bulbagaden Archives policy and style", so... yeah. Sorry for asking both of you, I previously was asked to not do that because it requires all parties to get together, but I really think you could probably answer better then archaic.
I have some concerns/questions regarding the polciy of the site with sugimori artwork, and hosted files in general. Apparently, at some point, it was decided that all images could not exceed 1000x1000 pixels, and I was wondering what the logic of that was. The older, higher res versions of files are still available via file history, so server concerns cannot be the issue at hand.
Furthermore, a great deal of the sugimori art is miscolored, and requires color correction.
Lastly, I am troubled by the fact that http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:495Snivy.png , http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:498Tepig.png and http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:501Oshawott.png , which currently shows their BW2 art, is the same file that had their BW art, and the file was just updated with the totally distinct piece of artwork. New files should have been uploaded, and I don't see why only the BW2 art is used in the infobxes, vs. rotating betweeen it and the BW art.
- As I am currently both the Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief and the head of the Bulbagarden Archives, I am certainly the correct person to go to.
- Current policy dictates a general file dimension limit of 1280×1280 pixels, this is in place for multiple reasons including (but not limited to); managing reasonable file sizes, reducing server load from exceptionally large images, and to try and be somewhat respective of fair use.
- Files uploaded in the last couple of years should not have incorrect coloration in any way, as they have come directly from Nintendo press releases & other official sources. Older images may have color issues, however.
- As for file names, the default files "###Name.png" is always the most recent artwork, while past artwork is transferred to a different filename: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott. The species infobox exclusively uses the most recent artwork as unnecessary use of switch/if parser statements negatively impact the server. Each species article contains two links directing to their Archives category, one directly underneath the artwork in the infobox, and another underneath the sprite box.
- I hope that covers everything. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let me know. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 06:15, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
Jr Admin icon disappearance
The Junior Admin icon isn't showing up on the recent changes next to the name of the Junior Admins even though it was in the coding. The icon is visible on the Bulbapedia side. Pattyman (talk) 04:56, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I have a 3DS capture board, and I'd like to upload some images to the archives. I was thinking of uploading some images of moves to begin with. I'm not autoconfirmed yet, but I understand that I should get permission from a member of staff before uploading XY images to the site. That being said, I'd like to ask your permission to do so (when the system allows me to upload images). I'm willing to provide proof of my capture board. --TotalPotato (talk) 02:02, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- As you're aware, we do have to ask for proof of the capture device ownership. If you could provide a screenshot of a Bunnelby with your username as its nickname, we can then move onto granting permissions. Thank you for your interest in assisting with XY uploads. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 22:05, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- Here you go! Bunnelby screenshot --TotalPotato (talk) 22:43, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
XY move screenshots
Hello. I have recently acquired screen capture quality images of moves from XY. These images, however, are not from my own capture device, as I don't have one, nor were they taken from a Pokémon fansite. They are from YouTube videos that use this device. I was contacted by Eridanus after I uploaded one of those pictures, but he was unsure of the legality of this method, so I would like to know whether or not I should get rid of all the pictures. Seantham (talk) 23:14, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- As YouTube videos are "owned" by their uploader, images from such videos shouldn't be uploaded without the video uploader's approval. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 04:48, 13 September 2014 (UTC)
Hydro Pump move
- I'll have a talk with SnorlaxMonster regarding the image, as he was the one who originally uploaded it as Water Gun. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 16:05, 22 September 2014 (UTC)