Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
Slow down, stranger. You've been uploading lots of .jpgs lately. Since you're new here, i'll lay down the basics: upload .png files, not .jpgs or any other type of file. .pngs are a higher quality format. And images have to be categorized, and you do so by doing this: Category: so-and-so with 2 ['s and 2 ]'s on the corresponding sides. If you have any other questions, just ask one of the admins, such as Maverick Nate, he is in charge of the archives. Thanks! --Hmdwgf 12:43, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- I hate to be annoying, but you really need to listen to me- please upload pics that are in the .png format, not .jpg or any other format. I sent you an e-mail with a legitimate website to convert files, unless you have other ways of doing so. I'm not an admin, so I can't give out warnings, but consider this your first warning. And if you don't listen to me, you can be blocked from the website by an admin. --Hmdwgf 12:50, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
You have been blocked for uploading files with non-alphanumeric characters... see the top bar? It says "When uploading images, please be sure that the filenames contain alphanumeric (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) characters only!" The upload pages says "ONLY USE ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTERS, DASH, AND UNDERSCORE IN YOUR FILENAMES." Do you see that? This is causing us problems if you don't, so you're blocked for a week. This also includes ignoring the warnings by Hmdwgf... ht14 13:54, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- I must say Ht14, that was quite harsh for a user who has only been a member for a couple of hours... but whatever. If that wasn't clear enough, don't upload files with names that have any sort of puncuation in it. See you in a week. --Hmdwgf 14:38, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
Renzo, you better be thankful I was able to shorten your block for you. But this is the only time I will do it- and if you keep breaking the rules and uploading files like that next time, the block will be longer, and longer, until eventually, if you keep breaking the rules and ignoring warnings (especially from admins) you'll be blocked permanently from the entire Bulbagarden website. You wouldn't want that, now would you? Keep that in mind. --Hmdwgf 06:46, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, the image I uploaded is yours; I just updated the image with your uploaded one. Instead of making new file, you just have to upload a newer version of the same file. :) And oh, sign your name with four tildes (Kevzo8 12:34, 11 February 2010 (UTC)). Thanks! Kevzo8 12:34, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- Get your artists straight. Ken Sugimori did not draw some of those.
- Check for duplicates. Heatran was already uploaded.
- Name correctly. That Rayquaza should have been named "File:Ranger Rayquaza.png".
- Where were those Mew and Lugia from? I've never seen them before and believe them to be fanart. Don't upload fanart as official.--immewnitythemew 20:59, 12 February 2010 (UTC)