Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
Whoa! Please, you're only allowed two personal images, and you have just uploaded six images, just for your profile! If the images are only going to be used on your userpage, you'll need to pick two you want to keep, and the others will have to go. - Kogoro | Talk to me | 19:21, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- The Image use policy is where it's stated. Deletion is an Admin ability. As you have said, I shall delete the images now. - Kogoro | Talk to me | 19:54, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
If you want to link to Paul's Bulbapedia article in your signature here on the Archives, you're going to have to alter the coding so it starts with [[bp:Paul| rather than just [[Paul|. The latter action puts Paul into the wanted pages here on the Archives, and the Archives are not for encyclopedic articles. Switching the coding to my suggestion will lead to the article you want, trust me. --Shiningpikablu252 22:34, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but uploading a Pokémon's game sprite as a .jpg? That's frowned upon in the most awful way possible. Simply put, a Pokémon's game sprite must have the extension ".png" (obviously without the quotes).
In addition, Pokémon not in the original 151 (except Teddiursa and Deoxys) have the same spritework between Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen. Keep that in mind when uploading the sprites; the sprites in question should be uploaded to the position reflecting Ruby/Sapphire, with the position reflecting FireRed/LeafGreen redirecting to the sprite file at the Ruby/Sapphire position. --Shiningpikablu252 01:39, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
No, do not add them manually. Make the sprites transparent. TTEchidna 23:19, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Do you think you can png versions of the Chronical special head images? I see you've been getting a couple pngs from those episodes, and I was hoping if you could upload the images for some of those episodes as pngs. It would be a major help. Maverick Nate 02:42, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Of course, I'll get right on that! シンジShinjiLover 03:08, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Whoops, something I forgot to say. Can you make the name the name of the page? So, H003's image would be "Image:H003.png". Can you do that too? Maverick Nate 03:30, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
lower vs upper
Can you make sure the extensions of your images are in lowercase? Uppercase extensions can cause problems. Maverick Nate 00:34, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
We aren't allowed to take screenshots and just change the formats. They must be freshly taken from the episode and saved as png, now. Maverick Nate 20:10, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, the reason is quality. We are enforcing pngs because of the bad quality of gifs and jpgs. By just switching the format, you are moving the gif bad quality ointo a png, thus making the png as bad as the gif was. We would rather they were taken anew. Maverick Nate 00:15, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- That's iffy though. I don't know. I'll have to talk about it. Maverick Nate 19:56, 13 February 2009 (UTC)