Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
User talk:Shiny Noctowl
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
BW Prelease Route 1.png
May I ask where you got this image from? Last I checked, they were not available on the BW site. If it's taken from Serebii or any other site, we're going to have to delete it. JelloTalk 03:25, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Why does it matter if it's from another site? Because it's fair use, Serebii or anyone else wouldn't have any copyright claims. --Shiny Noctowl 19:40, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- It does matter, last time I checked Serebii didn't like having his images taken, and neither would any other site. Also, the reason I asked is, these specific images come from a press kit that's usually e-mailed to the media, and as far as I know only Serebii (from the Pokémon fandom that is) actually receives these press kits. Right now Bulbanews is in the process of getting these press kits as well, but for now we can't have people taking these screenshots from other sites. (Unless they appear on the official site themselves) I hope you understand. JelloTalk 19:51, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- A lower-quality version of this image was in the most recent CoroCoro issue, so it's not like it's a completely new image that hadn't been revealed before. --Shiny Noctowl 19:59, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Couple of things
that went wrong when you uploaded those screenshots. First, the filenames are not alphanumeric. Second, they should be in .png format, NOT .jpg and finally, you went over the size limit of 1080 by 1080 pixels, which is conveniently placed on top of the site. You have been here long enough to know the rules by now. JelloTalk 01:56, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Also, upload it right the first time before you revert a JA. --Psyライダー☮ 02:00, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- According to the upload page, the main problem is with multi-byte characters, not other single-byte characters. Why should the files be in .png when the original source was .jpg? Finally, why is there a limit on image dimension? Wouldn't a limit on file size make more sense? --Shiny Noctowl 02:02, 25 July 2010 (UTC)