Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
|Welcome to the Bulbagarden Archives, TheOriginalOne!|
By creating your account you are now able to upload images to help Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. Before you jump in, take a look at these helpful tips:
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
Just letting you know, your changes to the Mistralton Cave map did go through successfully, and a second upload to a different filename was not required. However, you may have noticed that the file may not have immediately changed on the Archives, and certainly didn't immediately change on Bulbapedia. This happens for multiple reasons:
- The displayed image on the Archives likely became cached by your browser, this is a measure used by most browsers to lessen page load times. An existing file often won't immediately show any changes despite being uploaded over because of the browser's cache, hard refreshing the image will fix this issue.
- As for the file on the Bulbapedia side, Bulbapedia and Bulbanews both serve files via a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which is cached server-side. This is a measure in place to lessen load on our servers. Files should generally display their changes within 24 hours of the last upload. If such update doesn't occur within 24 hours, then it is highly recommended that the file's contributor contact me on my talk page in order to have the problem fixed.
Additionally, town map files follow a specific naming convention, File:[Region] [Location] Map.png, which must be followed. Due to this, your edit to Mistralton Cave has been reverted to the original file and the duplicate image has been deleted. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me on my talk page. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 10:36, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Ok, sorry, I won't do that again, specialy because now I know how to refresh. Thanks. TheOriginalOne (talk) 14:56, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
Excuse me, but I just visited it* and there is no dot for that place. It's not in Unova... or my Pokédex and Town Map fails. Marked +-+-+ (talk) 18:15, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- (Answer on your bp talk page...) TheOriginalOne 16:43, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- I would also like to note to you that the Nature Sanctuary doesn't appear on the in-game map. I can confirm this as I have played both Black 2 and White 2, and accessed the Nature Sanctuary in both versions. Lady Ariel (talk) 20:48, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
I recently had to remove images you uploaded on account of finding out you stole them from Serebii.net. Stealing images is strictly forbidden. Had they been found sooner, you would be liable for a serious block, but due to the time frame, I'm going to let you off with a warning this time. But let it be known, this is a very serious warning. If you upload images from Serebii again, or any other fansite, you will be blocked from the Archives, potentially indefinitely. -- MAGNEDETH 23:12, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
File:Bag Sprinklotad Sprite.png
Could I ask how you obtained the Bag Sprinklotad Sprite? --Pokemaster97 19:31, 31 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. First of all, I'm really sorry for not having completely got the second point of this message, by forgetting that what I was uploading was a sprite. Second, although I didn't take it from my game, I didn't directly copy it from any fansite. Instead, I searched online for a raw image of it, then cropped it, and used GIMP to adapt it to our standards. Since there's only one possible bag sprinklotad sprite (I wouldn't do the same thing if it was something like the referred in the section above) and no additional info was there, thus producing exactly the same effect as if a normal screenshot was taken, I tought it was ok to do so. I apologize if I was wrong. And also for the trouble I may be causing you. オリジナル TheOriginalOne 21:53, 2 January 2014 (UTC)