Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
Avoid GIFs for complex images as it has a limited colorspace.
I think that should be changed to:
Avoid GIFs for complex images as they have a limited colorspace.
- Cool. Thanks. This has been fixed. — THE TROM — 05:11, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
Left to do!
Pokémon only, in-battle sprites.
|New category||Images||Correct total|
|Red and Green sprites||151||151|
|Red and Blue sprites||151||151|
|Generation I back sprites||152||151|
|Gold shiny sprites||0||276|
|Silver shiny sprites||0||276|
|Crystal shiny sprites||0||276|
|Generation II back sprites||0||276|
|Generation II shiny back sprites||0||276|
|Ruby and Sapphire sprites||420||414|
|Ruby and Sapphire shiny sprites||0||414|
|FireRed and LeafGreen sprites||418||414|
|FireRed and LeafGreen shiny sprites||0||414|
|Emerald shiny sprites||0||414|
|Generation III back sprites||0||414|
|Generation III shiny back sprites||0||414|
|Diamond and Pearl sprites||644||614|
|Diamond and Pearl shiny sprites||0||614|
|Platinum shiny sprites||0||621|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver sprites||651||622|
|HeartGold and SoulSilver shiny sprites||0||622|
|Generation IV back sprites||0||622|
|Generation IV shiny back sprites||0||622|
|Current game sprites||1,650||1244|
|Generation I Trainer sprites||100|
|Generation II Trainer sprites||78|
|Generation III Trainer sprites||179|
|Generation IV Trainer sprites||214|
|Trainer back sprites||72|
|Animated menu sprites||721|
|Animated png files||13,881|
|Animated gif files||0|
After this is complete, we will work on other aspects. This is the biggest part so be on your toes... and watch out for stray images which are uncategorized. The totals are in fact freaking accurate.
|Screenshots of Generation I games||0|
|Screenshots of Generation II games||0|
|Screenshots of Generation III games||0|
|Screenshots of Generation IV games||0|
|Screenshots of battle arena games||0|
|Screenshots of side games||0|
I fail to see how all these PNG images are supposed to be "animated" Please explain? They dont animate in my browser, but are PNGs supposed to be able to animate? Blake Talk·Edits 22:00, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Spread the word
To avoid something like that happen again, I suggest we either;
- Add it to the welcome template for new users
- add it on the main page
This way, there's a slight chance it won't happen again.--Force Fire 12:13, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
Gen II trainer sprites
What's the deal with these images?
Just was checking Category:Game maps and found a bunch of REALLY crappy images. No articles link to them, and they basically consist of every imaginable kind of badness game maps can have.
The full list: Eterna_City.jpg Floaroma_Town.jpg Fuego_Ironworks.jpg Hearthome_City.jpg HearthomeCityIngame.jpg Lake Acuity.jpg Lake Valor.jpg Lake Verity.gif Pokemon League.jpg Route 201.jpg Route 204.jpg Route 208.jpg Route 221.jpg Shino Map.jpg
I'm relatively new to the archives, so I'm not sure what to do. Should we scrap them, or is there some hidden purpose to them? Please help! --AndyPKMN 18:33, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
The totals at the top of the page
I've noticed some inconsistencies with the totals at the top of this page, which actually mean that we're closer to the correct number of sprites than we seem. For instance:
- Gen I: All good obviously
- Gold: Though it currently says we are 2 sprites over, the "correct" total fails to take into account the japanese sprites of Jynx and Aipom. The same holds true for the Gold shinies!
- Silver: Same problem as Gold except it's Jynx and Slowpoke. Silver shiny too!
- Crystal: Just Jynx this time. This also covers Crystal shiny (where we dont have the right number either way) and Gen II back
Gen II normal and shiny.
- Ruby and Sapphire: I don't know where that total came from but without Castform (which seems to have been forgotten) it's 413 but with... 416, the total we have. Same for Shiny except Castform probably shouldn't be counted... The total of 416 should also work for Emerald (once again unless Castform is discarded) at which point it's 413.
- FireRed and LeafGreen: Should have 1 more than RSE (417) because of the added Deoxys Forme. With the shinies being 414 if we dont put Castform.
- Gen 3 back should be 419 as it would contain all the Deoxys plus the other 416. Shiny is 416.--MisterE13 02:05, 2 June 2010 (UTC)