Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
|Welcome to the Bulbagarden Archives, Ruixiang95!|
By creating your account you are now able to upload images to help Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. Before you jump in, take a look at these helpful tips:
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
Please read the checklist when you upload media files, and be sure to tag and categorize all images. If you're confused about the requirements for uploading files, have a look at this guide. --ht14 02:53, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
Why do you upload TCG images in jpg? Bulbapedia much prefers png. Converting the images shouldn't be that hard. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 07:43, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
- For TCG card images, jpg is preferred over png. This rule can be found in the FAQ Images section. — Ruixiang95 (talk) 18:30, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
- I see. Okay, then. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 12:14, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
In set categories like Category:Double Blaze only its cards are included but in Category:Detective Pikachu the logo and even product images are part of it. Which is the correct approach? Pipefan (talk) 10:47, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
- Why did you change the TCG images back to the general category Category:Detective Pikachu instead of using Category:Detective Pikachu (TCG)? I am confused. --Wildgoosespeeder (talk) 03:33, 13 May 2022 (UTC)
- After giving it some thought, I think you were using Category:Detective Pikachu for Detective Pikachu (character), when the category description points to Detective Pikachu; a disambiguation page about the subject in general. One way we can solve this is creating a subcategory for Category:Pikachu, named Category:Detective Pikachu (character). We can then tie up loose ends by using Template:Search or something. --Wildgoosespeeder (talk) 04:18, 13 May 2022 (UTC)
DUDE that image was for my bulbapedia userpage AxewBowser2022 (talk) 04:05, 6 September 2022 (UTC)
- Fanart has no place on Bulbapedia I'm afraid and we try and avoid having images solely for use on our own userpages--BigDocFan (talk) 08:40, 6 September 2022 (UTC)
- it was for a USERTAG forgot 2 say dat AxewBowser2022 (talk) 16:09, 6 September 2022 (UTC)
Uploaded Several Images With Higher Resolution
Hello, I was going through this website looking for Location Previews to use for my own purposes when I noticed that the ones here were very low resolution. After capturing get my own screenshots at a higher resolution, I figured I would upload them here in case more people like me were looking for higher resolution screenshots. I recently uploaded several new screenshots of these Location Previews with significantly higher resolution than what the ones provided on this website and followed the file naming conventions that are currently in use for Location Previews, alongside adding as many tags as I noticed were relevant, but none seem to have gone through. Is there something more I should do to make these files ready for use? Thanks.
Hey there! Four of the 19 recent redirects you deleted were still being used on the wiki. Deleting these redirects caused each of those pages to have broken file links, which is a problem that makes the website look unprofessional and nonfunctional for readers. In the future, please make sure you are relinking any files before you delete. If you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a talk page message. Thanks! MaverickNate 08:04, 23 April 2023 (UTC)