Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
Bulbapedia Talk | Archives Talk | News Talk
Bulbapedia Contribs | Archives Contribs | News Contribs
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Files
- 3 Reason
- 4 Route 10 HGSS
- 5 Screenshots with walking Pokémon
- 6 Personal images
- 7 Alright sorry about the questiomarks. Didn't know they were "Bad.
- 8 Janoby/Janobii
- 9 Congratulations
- 10 Relic castle has christmas lights
- 11 Naming conventions
- 12 The Templates
- 13 JP Crystal Jynx sprite
- 14 Although a bit late...
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
- OK, thanks. --SnorlaxMonster 01:55, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Hey SM, I am here to explain my previous edit. Bulba archives encourages to upload images with the png extensions instead of jpgs for the quality reason and it is also necessary to upload a transparent version (no whitish background) of an image. As you can see the major difference between these two images.File:PokemonRanger Character 02.jpg
- Now, tell me isn't there a big difference in both images? Is the quality and transparency of both images looks same? ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 13:54, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't mean that I didn't understand the reason. I meant that you should put it in the delete template. I understand why you did it. --SnorlaxMonster 06:35, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
Route 10 HGSS
- Well, you could have replied on the talk page of Route 10 HGSS, but here is good too. I suggest you go talk to Gabo 2oo about it. I also fixed your writing to how I interpreted it. If you disagree, change it back.--SnorlaxMonster 00:59, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Screenshots with walking Pokémon
If it's got Celebi as the walking Pokémon, there's a 99.9% chance you should not be using it. It's always best to take your own screenshots rather than "stealing" from other sites. —darklordtrom 08:09, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- They're all from PokéWiki. As far as I know, the purpose of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis is that we can use information without it being "stealing". --SnorlaxMonster 08:13, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Also, I checked (after you messaged me) and couldn't find that picture anywhere on Serebii, especially here. --SnorlaxMonster 08:46, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
Alright sorry about the questiomarks. Didn't know they were "Bad.
Just make sure you replace all the locations where the image is used on the page in the future when remaining/replacing images. Koolboyman 16:58, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- I'm going by what Bulbanews gives me. Also, I reuploaded because you deleted it while I was saving it, which messed everything up. Then I had to try and fix the problems that the non-edit conflict caused. --SnorlaxMonster 12:42, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for all the hard work you've done on the Archives. Welcome aboard the new team. I trust that you will use your new superpower well and help keep this place organized. There's always stuff to do on the Archives and we depend on people like you to keep things smooth! (I hope you'll be more active here now too). —♥ Jellotalk 09:27, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
Relic castle has christmas lights
- Sorry, I'm not very experienced in APNGs. I don't really know how to fix it. --SnorlaxMonster 11:20, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'll show them to the other staff this weekend and see what they think. --SnorlaxMonster 16:24, 11 August 2011 (UTC)
- Fine by me. Pattyman 16:32, 11 August 2011 (UTC)
JP Crystal Jynx sprite
That gonna be the hardest one (since it looks I need to do it the legit way)... I just considered that I would had to hatch the Odd Egg until I would get Shiny Smoochum... since normally chance for shiny is just too low to get it fast (last time I got shiny that way was... ~1 month ago, and the second-to-last was so long ago that I don't remember the date, and actually it was first with 1 to 8192 chance), and breeding for shiny Smoochum is impossible due to that no Pokémon before RSE had any Pokémon that were in Human-like and another group (was considering chain breeding from Red Gyarados... as Generation II is capable of breeding for shiny). Also, wtf is with counter on talk of main page? It says 290 out of 289 for GS Back sprites (both shiny and non-shiny) Marked +-+-+ 14:33, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- You could always try the Shiny Ditto glitch. Or you could just hack one in (easiest way). --SnorlaxMonster 15:15, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hack in? Impossible, I can't find codes (for shiny) for JP Crystal, only English, and I don't think if there is stuff like Advance Map, but for Generation II in Japanese. I don't know if it's possible to trade Pokémon from English eg. Yellow to Japanese Crystal (as international trade was implemented in Generation III). Also, acidentally uploaded file under wrong name and it was impossible to move file as there was redirect there ._. (and I know that you are Senior Administrator) Marked +-+-+ 15:39, 8 September 2011 (UTC).
Wait. lolwut I just could use Jynx from English Crystal to trade it to Yellow, then to JP Crystal (since I managed to link Yellow to JP Crystal... it's Japanese, due to everything in Japanese and party being other than English games). YEEEES. Marked +-+-+ 16:06, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- FUUUU doesn't work (the party of JP Crystal appears glitchy in Yellow and Crystal itself can't connect). And the Pokémon Comunnication Center is screwed. ._. Marked +-+-+ 16:22, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Oh. I just remember that I have Japanese Gold (or Silver? It's translated to Trademarked... I think, it could be Hepburn) and I am capable of 100% shiny encounter stuff. Now just gonna trade it to Crystal. Marked +-+-+ 12:33, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- That's great! Yeah, I knew about my promotion. I was talking to PsychicRider on AIM at the time anyway (the person who promoted me). Carmen handled the image you uploaded under the wrong name. I don't think inter-language trading is possible in Gens I and II either (although your testing seemed to prove that). Also, I think the Shiny Ditto glitch would have saved a bit of time if you have Japanese R/B/Y, but hacking is easier of course. --SnorlaxMonster 04:51, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Although a bit late...
Thanks for getting the two templates (mva and aba ones) approved. I appreciate it. For the two parter moves such as Aipom being hit by Flash, how do I handle those? I did start on some of them. Pattyman 15:34, 11 September 2011 (UTC)