Got a spare minute? The Archives need some love. See the to-do list to find a way to help.
If you upload a new image make sure you name and categorize it properly. If in doubt, ask an admin or see our FAQ page.
|Welcome to the Bulbagarden Archives, Marshtompert!|
By creating your account you are now able to upload images to help Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. Before you jump in, take a look at these helpful tips:
Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
Hello. I have noticed that you have been editing the User: namespace a lot recently, and have made a total of 5 userspace edits today. Please do not edit the userspace any more, especially during the same day (by UTC). The staff appreciates it, when users make contributions outside of their personal userspace. We hope you understand! Adil — Talk 16:47, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
Marking files for deletion
Hello, please make sure that when you mark a file for deletion, that all instances of the file being used on Bulbapedia are removed or replaced with an applicable image. In addition, if it's a duplicated file, link to the file that it's a duplicate of in the delete reason (for example,
[[:File:None.png]] will give File:None.png. )As an aside, indent replies on talk pages with one more colon than the previous message (this applies on Bulbapedia as well). Thanks! --Abcboy (talk) 18:31, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
The Pokémon GO models you're currently replacing were directly ripped from the game. Please stop replacing them—your versions are both not square and not transparent, which is undesirable. Thanks. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 13:57, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- That's not my point. The point is that the current models are directly ripped from the game, as in they do not need to be replaced. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 14:00, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello, Marshtompert! Several of your GO models, on top of being low quality and lacking transparency, are stolen from other websites. In the past, Bulbapedia has received complaints from other fansites when our members upload their content without permission. Because of this, your account will be suspended for 24 hours. - Chosen of Mana 15:44, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- They aren't stolen. I have the Pokémon Go app on my phone. I took the screenshots and cropped them myself. No other websites were involved. --Marshtompert (talk) 15:49, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- In that case, allow me to apologize for the previous accusation. Since Pokémon's transition to the 3DS, image uploading has become harder, and Bulbapedia has had to crack down harder on image theft.
- However, because you ignored moderator warning for your images' quality, the 24-hour block will remain. To solve your image transparency issue, I suggest using an image editing program such as Photoshop, GIMP, paint.net, or Ultimate Paint. - Chosen of Mana 16:12, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- I contribute using my phone. I can't get any of those apps on it. The only photo editing app I have on my phone, Snapseed, converts every image to jpg, and can't make images transparent anyway. Additionally, Google Photos can only do basic things like rotate, crop and alter the colouration of images.
Hello! While it is really appreciated that you are helping out with uploading Pokémon GO sprites, it would be helpful if you contribute in other ways by uploading other images that do not need to be transparent unless you're able to do so yourself before uploading. Thanks for understanding! ht14 17:48, 16 July 2017 (UTC)